The Telecommunications & Information Revolution 1997-1998
James C. Goodale - Host, Producer
1. Henry Grunwald, Former Editor in Chief of Time Inc. publications - Former U.S. Ambassador to Austria. Author One Man’s America - Grunwald on Grunwald
2. Henry Grunwald - No Time For Magazines?
3. John Scanlon, Senior Counselor, Edelman Worldwide, Bob Greene, Pulitzer Prize Winning Journalist - Did ABC Go Over the Line? (The Food Lion Case)
4. John Scanlon, Senior Counselor, Edelman Worldwide, Lee Levine, Esq. Levine Pierson Sullivan & Koch LLP - The Food Lion Verdict: The End of Investigative Journalism?
5. Stanley Flink Author of Sentinel Under Siege: The Triumphs and Troubles of America’s Free Press - Sentinel Under Siege?
6. Peter O. Price, former President, Liberty Cable, and Porter Bibb, Managing Director, Ladenburg Thalman & Co. - Liberate the Cable Monopoly?
7. Lynn Nesbit, Nesbit and Janklow, Literary Agent, Peter Mayer President Overlook Press - Is there a Book Publishing Crisis?
8. Harry Evans, Editor-in-Chief Random House Books - A Brit Looks at U.S. Media: A Flight from Quality?
9. Steve Levy, Newsweek Magazine; Steve Lohr, The New York Times - Is Bill Gates Good for U.S.?
10. Seth Schiesel, The New York Times, Tim Weller, Donaldson Lufkin & Jeanerette - Are The Telco Mergers Good For You?
11. Arthur Schlesinger, author of The Cycles of American History - Has the Info Age Broken The Cycle?
12. Katrina vanden Heuvel, Editor, The Nation; Howell Raines, Editor of the Editorial Page of The New York Times - Who Calls the Tune in the Info Age?
13. Hedrick Smith, Producer of the PBS Series “Surviving the Bottom Line,” Former Pulitzer Prize Winner, The New York Times -
Is the Information Age Squeezing the Middle Class?
14. Steve Rattner, Deputy Chief Executive, Lazard Freres & Co. LLC, and Michael A. Bloomberg, Founder and CEO Bloomberg Financial Markets/Bloomberg News - Which Media Horse Will Win the Race ‘98 Part I?
15. Steve Rattner, Michael A. Bloomberg - Which Media Horse Will Win the Race ‘98 Part II?
16. Carter Brown, Director Emeritus of The National Gallery, Chairman Ovation, Judith Dobrzynski, The New York Times - Can An Arts Channel Make It?
17. Nadine Strossen, National President ACLU, Professor of Law, New York Law School - Is Cyberspace Burning?
18. Walter Cronkite, Author A Reporter’s Life, Former CBS Anchor - A Reporter’s Life.
19. Steve Brill, CEO and Editor-in-Chief, Brill Media Ventures L.P. - Is On-Line Journalism Off The Wall?
20. Andrew D. Klein, Author, WallSt.com - Investing At The Click Of A Mouse?
21. Richard E. Wiley, Wiley Rein & Fielding, Former Chairman of the FCC - Is HDTV A Lot of Hot Air?
22. Richard E. Wiley, Wiley Rein & Fielding, Former Chairman of the FCC; Professor Henry Geller, Director, Washington Center for Public Policy Research - Is the New Communications Act a Lot of Hot Air?